Saturday 4 June 2022

 Okay, 


long long time I did not post anything here. Anyway back on Lead Adventure Forum there was a discussion about the new 3d Printed ancient range from Blitzkrieg Miniatures. Last year in December I got some troops from their Successors range. 8 Thureophoroi and 4 Seleucid phalangites. The latter were for a gift and now they are in the Republic of Korea, the former were for my own troops. 

They have all been painted so it is time to show them.


Here you can see six of them.


I really like them, they are clean and crisp resin prints sculpted in 3d. They come with almost all supports already removed, and with hands, if appropriate, already drilled to insert metal pikes or spears. Blitzkrieg also includes appropriate steel 'pins' for the purpose. I replaced the one in the Thureophoroi with North Star 50mm spears with leaf spearpoints, because the steel ones did not have spearpoints, and I do not like to work with steel...


Now the big question on Lead Adventure Forum was one of compatibility with existing ranges, mainly Victrix and Aventine so I took some pictures.



Six Blitzkrieg Thureophoroi and six Victrix Peltasts side by side. They aren't all that different in height but the Blitzkrieg are chunkier. Also their helmet's plumes are taller.

The following images are from my Saga Age of Hannibal Epirote Army. Beside the Blitzkrieg and Victrix  miniatures you can see Foundry and Aventine. The Elephant is from  Gripping Beast.









No comments:

Post a Comment