Tuesday 18 February 2014

German Reconiassance vehicles

Continuing in my efforts to post pictures of my second half of WW2 Germans I now show the halftrack recon elements of my forces.



They are from Forged in Battle. Three resin castings with different stowage (plus some additions from my bits' box). As you know Forged in Battle vehicles are cast with integral bases. Some individuals (well imbeciles would be much more appropriate) are always screaming (often on the (PMT page) against them (the same idiots I fear that have persuaded Forged in Battle to not have cast on pikes on its new phalangites... well after having drilled open and put steel pikes on scores of phalangites I am more and more persuaded that it is a stupidity... in 15mm cast on pikes are a must! but I am digressing). Well the bases are not intrusive and more importantly the screamers did not realized that the way the bases are put in also permit Forged in Battle to produce crisp and inexpensive casts. I like them, they are cheap, they paint well, ergo I do not complain.

Well after so much pontificating here are some details:

 I painted them some years ago. Considering my good friend Asako saw them this means that I was still a PhD candidate and still living in LPH with a lot of nice people around.

For them I have used a three tone camo without anything special. They are just a recon element. I doubt I will have the table space to deploy a full recon company in a recon mission, but they can work as an addition for a lot of other formations or being employed in a reduced reconnaissance company.

No comments:

Post a Comment