Tuesday 7 April 2020

And in the fourth week of quarantine...

I am starting to feel the side effects of the situation... pressure, uncertain, and the like... also mail is getting slower, still waiting for my Vae Victis...  but I am still painting if not to avoid going crazy.

So, in the fourth week of quarantine I painted...

Ships, ships, ships.... I am done with the the IJN battleships box from Fujimi. All 12 beasts are painted. It was a pleasure! 

 Yamato, Musashi, Nagato and Mutsu.


The four Kongou class, WW1 battlecruisers upgraded to fast battleships. 

A final group shot!


Last week I hinted about some Sassanian infantry... here they are, 12 in total, from Aventine. I washed each sculpt to avoid the annoying primer flaking, and generally it worked. Funnily enough it was only an issue with the Aventine castings... mysteries... 






Last week I mumbled about lack of oval bases for cavalry, but also that they arrived... (with plenty of other MDF bases from warbases...) so Hetairoi number 3 from victrix, 6 unarmored Pezetairoi from Foundry (okay one of them was a test paint dome some weeks ago...)  and a Peltast I found lying with the Pezetairoi... still from Foundry. Like the Foundry Macedonian sculpted by Steve Saleh quite a lot.


Oh... change of period. Three plastic Japanese infantrymen from Warlord.

Finally some 1/300 HR syrians. Bmp-1 first.

 More BMP-1s and T-55 AMV. The T-55 AMVs are cracking sculpts. But I have to say that even the old BMP-1, repainted to be honest, are well cast and very nice.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant work. You've done those Fujimi models justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! These are cracking models and a pleasure to build and paint. I know some people are opposed to plastic by default, but I am not one of them, and certainly here the product is superior to metal alternatives. I would say that in term of proportions and base detail they are as good if not better than GHQ models. Some of 1/3000 FUD ships from shapeways are at the same level, but right now their prices are crazy (Shapeways appears to actively discouraging small things). The two main issues with them are

    1) they do just Japanese ships for now, with the exception of South Dakota and Washington

    2) I have ot get them from Hobby Link Japan direct... prices are reasonable, but it is quite far away in terms of shipping, especially now, but I have to more boxes on transit...

    ReplyDelete