Monday 26 March 2018

PSC M60, Part 2

As I promised here is a follow on post on the PSC M60. I painted the first two, so I will post some quick images of the first one, with some comments.


I have gone for an US MRDC Summer (US and Europe) camo. I think it suits the M60 pretty well.  Painting was easy and peasy, with no real issues.




As I said two days ago, the mantlet cover is really well done. The turret looks nice and spot on to me. Its distinctive shape is well reproduced. The smoke launchers... well they are not perfect, but workable once painted. The strange band on the muzzle is not too visible, too. Overall the tank deserves a 8.5 or even a 9 out of 10. The only missing part that immediately come to my mind is the pipe on the right side of the hull (look at the real photo in the previous post. It should have been modeled on the upper hull without any problem.  That it what prevents an higher score. The BF model has it... :(

Now after having painted some, and looked at them my final verdict is still positive, for 4£ a tank (from Caliver) it is a must buy if you are looking for M60A3 TTS.

Now, if you are interested to my camo recipe...

Base Forest Green: Vallejo US Dark Green  893
'Jungle' Green: Vallejo USA Uniform Green 922
Khaki: Vallejo Khaki 988 (surprise!!!)
Black: Vallejo Black 950 (again what surprise...)

I gave a drybrush with Vallejo Iraqi Sand 819 that really helps bringing out the detail (sharply molded on the kit).

Black-lining... well of black ink.


1 comment: